Reviewing outstanding school fees
The school fee information visible on the PowerSchool app may not accurately reflect your family’s outstanding fees. Please log in to the desktop version of the PowerSchool Parent Portal and click the Student Fees tab at the top of the left-hand navigation menu to view the correct amount owing.
School Supply Lists
Bruderheim School has once again partnered with staplesschooltools.ca
There are three ways to order your school supplies for next year:
1. Go online at the school tools link above and click "place order here" at the top menu. Then enter the reference code 8C625ADC-F9258 for the basic package or code 2C8F06BD-F9259 for the premium package. Please note that the basic package will be enough to successfully equip your student for the year. Deadline for online orders is July 15 2018
2. Supply lists were sent home with the students and you can manually fill out your selection and return it to the school with a cheque made out to Bruderheim School Parent Advisory Council. All manual orders must be submitted no later than June 24 2018
3. You can take the list that is posted on our website and go and purchase the materials on your own.
All preorders will be delivered to the school on August 27 2018 for pick up.
2018 -19 School Supply Lists
Bruderheim Family Dance
Dust off your dancin' shoes and polish up those cowboy boots, Bruderheim is havin' a dance! On FRIDAY JUNE 8th from 6:00 to 9:00pm Bruderheim School Council will be hosting its annual family dance and BBQ. There will be hot dogs, hamburgers and door prizes. If there are any families planning to attend that can contribute a salad to our meal please let the school know and we will pass it along.
2018 Parent Survey Results
2017-2018 EIPS Parent Survey Results Report
The results are now available for the 2017-18 EIPS Parent Survey conducted in March. Thank you to all the families who took the time to share their feedback with the Division. The survey included 20 questions related to three priorities outlined in the EIPS 2015-18 Three Year Education Plan. :
- Priority 1: Promote growth and success for all students
- Priority 2: Enhance high quality learning and working environments
- Priority 3: Enhance public education through effective engagement, partnerships and communication
The overall division results represent 2918 responses from parents and guardians across EIPS. This was an increase in responses from 2678 in the previous year.
The survey results for Bruderheim School have helped us identify the following areas of strength and opportunities for growth.
Areas of strength.
- caring and dedicated staff members
- student leadership opportunities
- community's opportunities to be involved in our school
Areas for Growth
- develop a deeper understanding of First Nation, Metis and Inuit culture and history.
- numeracy skills of our students
- additional resources to support learning
The feedback gathered will help our school and the Division measure its progress toward meeting the prioroties and goals outlined in the EIPS Three Year Educartion Plan and develop strategies to better serve students and the wider community moving forward.
2018-19 Kindergarten News
Do you have a student beginning kindergarten in the fall of 2018. If so you are invited to our Kindergarten Open House on Tuesday May 1 starting at 6pm.
Important Dates and Times
For a complete list of holidays and school-closure days during the 2017-18 school year, refer to the EIPS Division Calendar.
Sync the School Calendar to your personal calendar
EIPS Students Combine Coding with Creativity at Second Annual Coding Quest Arcade
Posted on May 31 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) is teaching its students to cultivate new skills and, in doing so, is developing the next generation of coders. “I learned a lot about coding while making my game,” says…
EIPS Students Stand Out at Annual Speech Competition
Posted on Apr 25 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 70 of the top student speakers from 24 elementary schools in Elk Island Public Schools (EIPS) are getting set to compete in the eighth annual EIPS Young Speakers Invitational on April 26. Throughout…
What’s Your Story? Students Tap the Power of Storytelling
Posted on Feb 23 2018
Sherwood Park, AB. — More than 400 student writers and artists will master the art of storytelling at the 2018 Young Authors’ Conference this Saturday, Feb. 24, 2018. The Young Authors’ Conference is a long-standing collaborative…